Dell Inspiron 14 5000 2021 Premium Laptop Computer I 14" FHD Anti-Glare I 11th Gen Intel Core i3-1115G4 I 16GB DDR4 512GB SSD I Backlit KB MaxxAudio HDMI Webcam Win 10 + Delca 32GB Micro SD CardView on Amazon
New Apple MacBook Air with Apple M1 Chip (13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD Storage) - Space Gray (Latest Model)View on Amazon
2020 Lenovo Flex 14 2-in-1 14" FHD Touchscreen Laptop Computer_ Quad-Core AMD Ryzen 3 4300U (Beat i5-8257U)_ 4GB DDR4 RAM_ 128GB PCIe SSD_ 802.11AC WiFi_ Remote Work_ Windows 10 S_ iPuzzle Type-C HUBView on Amazon
2020 HP Envy x360 2-in-1 13.3" FHD IPS Touchscreen Laptop Intel Evo Platform 11th Gen Core i7-1165G7 8GB Memory 512GB SSD Pale Gold - Backlit Keyboard -Fingerprint Reader -Thunderbolt - WiFi 6View on Amazon
2021 Newest Lenovo IdeaPad 3 15.6" FHD Non-Touch Laptop, Intel Dual-Core i3-1005G1 Up to 3.4GHz (Beats i5-7200u), 12GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB PCI-e SSD, Webcam, WiFi 5, HDMI, Windows 10 S + Oydisen ClothView on Amazon
Dell Inspiron 14" 2-in-1 HD Touchscreen Laptop, 11th Generation Intel Core i5-1135G7, 32GB DDR4 Memory, 1TB PCIe SSD, Webcam, Online Class Ready, HDMI, FP Reader, WiFi, Win10 Home, Dune SilverView on Amazon
Acer Aspire 5 A515-44-R93G, 15.6" Full HD, AMD Ryzen 3 4300U Mobile Processor with Radeon Graphics, 4GB DDR4, 128GB NVMe SSD, WiFi 5, HD Webcam, Fingerprint Reader, Backlit Keyboard, Windows 10 SView on Amazon
Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 – 13.5" Touch-Screen – Intel Core i5 - 8GB Memory - 128GB Solid State Drive (Latest Model) – Platinum with AlcantaraView on Amazon
HP 15-Inch FHD Laptop, 10th Gen Intel Core i5-1035G1, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB Solid-State Drive, Windows 10 Home (15-dy1036nr, Natural Silver)View on Amazon
NEW Microsoft Surface Go 2 - 10.5" Touch-Screen - Intel Core m3 - 8GB Memory - 128GB SSD - Wifi + LTE - Platinum (Latest Model)View on Amazon
Last update on 2022-08-08 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
Yes, we’re talking about the Best Laptops for College students. As you know, not only for study, research, most of college students often use laptops to listen to music, watch movies, browse the web, play games, Video calls,... The choice of laptop for College students should be based on thorough analysis of usage needs, personal preferences and financial capacity.
According to a recent survey, almost 80% of you are students - students who want to own a laptop must have the following criteria:
Moderate size and weight for easy portability.
Performance must meet industry needs.
The price must be reasonable with the family's and personal budget.
Laptops with different parameters of specifications, brands... will have different selling prices. Therefore, before choosing to buy a laptop, you need to determine how much you are willing to pay for this laptop. This will help you easily choose the laptop with the right price for you.
The first thing you need to do before choosing to buy a college student laptop is to analyze the needs of that individual student to use a laptop for study and entertainment. As follows:
1. For College students of Foreign languages, Law, Pedagogy, Economics, Marketing
Students studying these majors often use laptops to read documents, make presentations, synthesize and analyze economic and financial data..., so they often require mid-range laptops with normal configuration.
The main considerations you should consider, include the battery life, design and build quality, weight and size. When studying Economics, Marketing or Law, you’ll be juggling different tasks in the library, classroom and maybe the coffee shop. For that reason, you need a lightweight laptop. This can easily enable you to move from and to different spaces without being bogged down by a heavy laptop.
Another important quality taken into consideration in this list is the design and build quality. Your laptop should have the “looks”, sleek and with a good build quality. This makes it more comfortable to remove and use in public.
That’s why we strongly recommend Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 $699,99 and Samsung Galaxy Book Flex Alpha 2-in-1 $949. All two of them have moderate configuration at an average price, just enough to handle data presentation tasks with trendy design.
But if your parents have plenty of money and really want to invest in their future bachelor of economics, you might consider asking them to buy Gigabyte AERO 15 WB $1,899. This Laptop has beautiful design, Ultra-smooth, anti-ghosting FHD 1920x1080 144Hz IPS LCD display with wide angle view and anti-glare for the best multimedia multitasking and gaming performance. And most important, up to 8.5-hours of battery life (PCMark 10) to get you through an entire day's work without plugging in for greater work mobility and productivity.
2. For College students of Computer Science
Information Technology (Computer science) career is considered very "hot" when there are many people interested, loved & are chosen by many students. Because it not only makes it easy for you to apply for a job in large companies, but also extremely useful in everyday applications of this modern life. Normally, in large universities, this discipline will be divided into a number of major majors such as database, web design and development, programming (coding), game programming.
When studying such technology, students will surely practice, explore or research in depth, from basic to advanced computers, then information systems, and network information security , multimedia or software technology… In most cases, a Computer Science student’s curriculum would demand the usage of some essential software for coding and computing in Python, Java, C, C++, DAQ Board Software, MATLAB, Octave, R Studio, Netbeans, etc. Therefore, it seems imperative that everyone has to own a suitable laptop to best serve their academic career.
However, as mentioned, because there are many different careers, the selection of laptops for IT students will also be based on different basic features, such as software used, configuration...
The person who wrote this article was also a student and currently working in the Information Technology industry so trust me, those laptops below will be the best for an Information Technology college student (for the IT and programming industry, Dell laptop products will dominate more than other laptops. The reason is that Dell owns high durability, easier to upgrade RAM, battery life 'buffalo' and ability to handle VR, better virtual machine):
Newest Dell Vostro 15 3590: Owns Intel Core i7 - 10510U processor that promises smooth performance with different heavy and light tasks. The machine is equipped with integrated AMD Radeon 610R5 2GB graphics card, not Intel UHD Graphics 620 like other products in the same price range, with the device's RAM being 8 GB.
Dell Inspiron 15 3000: Can do all the work a bulky desktop can do with a clean design and affordable price tag. Of course, this machine is not a graphics machine with super speed because it is a mid-range machine that focuses on good price, but it has a slightly different performance when compared to other laptops. the same price, and it has most of the most popular interfaces you'll probably use. It can be said that the touch screen quality of the machine is very good in this price segment, and it is much more compact when compared to its brother, the Inspiron 17 5000 Series without a touch screen. Because of its valuable improvements over the previous generation and a beautiful design - that put this “beast” is the best choice for IT college students.
Acer Aspire 5 Laptop: Best of “just enough” - can say that about this little buddy. Aspire 5 has a classic, polite office design. The lid is made of plastic, gray with embossed lines, and looks like the design of Rimowa metal suitcases. We think the Aspire 5's look is more suitable for men. However, looking strong and masculine, but the plastic outer shell, the chipping is inevitable if used poorly.
ASUS VivoBook 15: powerful configuration, beautiful to every angle. Undeniably, ASUS is designing the Vivobook series as ever as possible, not only with high-end products, but also with cheaper models with materials and sophisticated machinability, inferior to high-end models before. ASUS Vivobook 15 is no exception, from the outside it can be seen that ASUS products are still very "delicious", very eye-catching and very easy to fall in love with anyone at first sight when made entirely by monolithic aluminum material.
3. For Accounting and Finance College students
Processing data on Exel spreadsheets, Word or on accounting software MiSa, Metadata is a must-have skill of accounting students. A mid-range computer with high memory capacity will be very suitable for students of this industry.
For most of you in the economic, financial sector in general and accounting in particular, it is not necessary to equip a laptop with such a high configuration. Instead of focusing on investing in ultra-high-end laptops with large and bulky designs, the accounting students who are doing the accounting work should choose the medium-sized laptops. Slim, compact, portable, easy to carry around at any time.
More essential is a responsive keyboard and touchpad. But the configuration still needs to meet my own tasks such as presentations, word editing, slides, excel... In addition, it must also meet entertainment needs such as listening to music, surfing the web, watching movies, photoshop. at the normal level...
If your main job is to edit documents using software such as Word, Exel, Powerpoint, accounting, statistics, and data entry software... then you just need to choose computers with medium configuration. A core i5 processor with processor speed from 1.8 to 2.4 GHz should be enough and suitable for your budget. You should choose a laptop with a 4G - 8G range of Ram for the machine to run smoother because there will be times when you start up and run many work programs at the same time, the large capacity Ram will help make the job smoother, not frozen, or jerky lag, or hang in the middle.
So, what’s the best in this case? We’re recommend the LG Gram Laptop - 15.6" IPS Touchscreen $1,296.99, LG Gram is designed with a traditional clamshell, the outside of the device still uses a plastic shell, but the main frame of the machine is magnesium alloy. Use of this type of alloy is not uncommon for high-end computers, especially for small, lightweight computers that require high maneuverability. In terms of configuration, LG gram 2020 brings fast processing speed and strong performance when equipped with a 10th generation Intel Core processor, up to 24 GB DDR4 RAM, and dual M.2 SSD slots . With all 3 screen sizes, you can experience the Intel Iris Plus graphics processor.
While in the laptop market only use batteries with a capacity of 60Wh, the 15-inch and 17-inch LG gram models in 2020 are upgraded to increase the battery capacity from 72Wh to 80Wh for continuous operation up to 18.5 hours, for Allows users to comfortably work all day without worrying about plugging in.
4. For Graphics designer and Architecture College students
Students majoring in design and architecture often require a laptop with a high configuration, large memory capacity, graphics card and compatible with Photoshop, illustrator, Autocad, Corel Draw, ... , to store data, practice and perfect class assignments.
While shortlisting these laptops, due consideration has been given to the specifications and features of the laptops. The minimum hardware requirements to run digital drafting software includes at least an Intel i5 processor, 8 GB of RAM, at least 2 Gigabytes of GPU VRAM, a full HD screen of minimum 15 inches’ size and at least 512 GB of storage space. The other metric to take into account is the operating system. We have picked all the laptops with windows operating system since it is capable of supporting a large number of application types as compared to Mac or Linux systems.
- Microsoft Surface Book 3: There are many improvements in both configuration and design. Not only are the big, heavy shapes a bit coarse, but Pro 3 becomes compact, much thinner. Part of this result is because Microsoft has increased the screen area of the machine to 12 "instead of 11" as before, the result is that the components can be arranged more spreadly, both good for cooling and making the machine. thinner.
You might wonder if the Surface Pro 3 is powerful enough for everyday life, the answer is yes, very yes. We don't understand what your strong definition is, but we still feel very comfortable running Photoshop Creative Cloud, Nikon Capture NX2 and Photoshop Lightroom every day. Unless you are adding layers of layers or rendering 3D, the machine has problems with processing. Overall 90% of users will be happy with its performance.
- Lenovo ideaPad Y700: Born to serve gamers, but Lenovo doesn't want its laptop to be a thorny monster. They want their product to be a strong fighter but still very polite. That’s why we still recommend it because it’s very fit for Graphics designer and Architecture College students.
As a gaming laptop, IdeaPad Y700 is equipped with a terrible configuration with Intel Core i7-6700HQ processor with a maximum clock speed of up to 3.5GHz when it needs to handle many heavy tasks, RAM 8GB DDR4 and 1TB HDD. In addition, IdeaPad Y700 is also integrated with NVIDIA GTX 960 4GB DDR5 discrete graphics, so through practical experience, when I try to play a few popular titles of 2015, Lenovo Ideapad Y700 shows the frame results. The picture exceeds 60 frames per second both when the game resolution is set at Full HD and the graphics detail is high.
But if you want a laptop that can handle high graphics but still at an average price, then the Dell Inspiron 15 5000 is perfectly suitable for you. This is designed to target the mid-range segment but has an eye-catching, sophisticated and equally luxurious design. Along with its stable performance and unique features, the Dell Inspiron 15 5000 becomes one of Dell's most valuable laptops in the mid-range segment.
Dell Inspiron 15 5000 uses Intel Core i7 4510U clocked at 2.0 GHz and RAM up to 16 GB. The machine completely allows you to handle heavy software smoothly, loads a lot of tabs at once while still playing HD movies online without any problems.
1. In general, what do I need to know to choose a suitable laptop?
You need to know the basic parameters of a laptop listed below:
- CPU (Central Processing Unit): is a very small part of a laptop but has the greatest power, it is considered the brain to control the rest of the Laptop. The CPU analyzes all the data and processes all of the computational requests you make on your laptop. The more powerful the CPU, the faster the applications on the machine run.
- Screen: It will determine the weight and size of the machine. Currently popular screen sizes are 13.3 ", 14", 15.6 ", if you want a clearer view and more comfortable, you should choose 15.6"
- RAM (Random Access Memory): is a place to temporarily store information when an application or program is launched, then this information will be taken by the CPU to process. The larger RAM memory, when running many programs at the same time, more data will be stored, so the laptop will perform smoother applications.
- Hard drive: also has storage function but different with RAM, hard drive contains user data such as Windows operating system, images, videos, software, games, personal documents, ... There are 2 current hard drive: HDD and SSD, in which SSD has superior technology than HDD and the price is also higher, but today's popular laptops are only equipped with HDD. However, for those of you who want to use Windows 10, to avoid full disk error, let’s upgrading to SSD is extremely necessary.
- Graphics Card (VGA): There are 2 types of video cards, the Onboard card (built-in laptop) and the removable card (inserted separately into the laptop if you have a need). The graphics card has the function of processing the image of the laptop such as color, contrast, resolution, display quality, ...
- Battery: is the device that ensures the power supply to keep the laptop running. Laptop batteries are usually recorded by the manufacturer as 4 cell, 6 cell, 9 cell, .... To evaluate battery life, in addition to considering the number of battery cells you also have to rely on the battery capacity (mAh unit).
2. If I am a student of Mechanical Engineering, what criteria should I base on to choose a laptop?
Autocad, Pro Engineer, Solidworks, ... are the software commonly deployed in the learning process of the mechanical industry, so your laptop needs a high-resolution screen with the support of a powerful graphics card. Moreover, it is also important to pay attention to the CPU, RAM, hard drive, monitor and graphics card to perform smoother the application above.
In this case, we recommend you to buy Dell XPS 15 7590 this Laptop integrated 9th generation CPU, GTX1650 graphics card, display quality is also better with some small design changes that partly help the Dell Xps 15 7590 become more perfect a lot.
3. Which laptop brands are suitable for students?
Well, in general each company has its own advantage:
- DELL: This is a reputable laptop brand in the market with origin from the US. Dell usually does not pay too much attention to the exterior design but focuses on the internal components, so you will often find Dell laptops very durable. In parallel, the hardware of the machine has good performance, meeting the needs of many different users.
- ASUS: Famous brand originating from Taiwan. One reliable reason to choose Asus is the warranty period can be up to 2 years - the longest among other laptop brands. In addition, Asus also scored by its beautiful - innovative design and many models for users to choose from and the price is quite comfortable in popular segments.
- Lenovo: It is a laptop brand originating from Beijing (China). Lenovo laptops scored points for durability equivalent to Dell with a variety of models for users to choose from. In addition, the battery life of the machine is in the form of "buffalo", which can help the laptop operate all day, so it is very convenient for students to bring it to school for study. Lenovo's price is also considered to be cheaper than the average level, in line with the financial situation of the majority of students.
4. Which carrier's warranty is the best?
If you care a lot about the warranty of Laptop when it is damaged, then surely ASUS and MSI are two laptop brands in your list of choices, because the warranty period is 2 years while the other brands only stop at only 1 year.
5. Should students buy Netbook/ Notebook instead of Laptop?
We think the answer is “no”, ‘cause netbook or notebook also known as mini laptop but the function is not the same. Most of the product models only meet the needs of a common office (notebook) and the needs of browsing websites (netbook).
Are you sure you never want to use the Laptop for slightly more advanced needs like using Photoshop or playing some games? Are you sure you never want to watch high quality movies?
In fact, Netbook/ Notebook are more suitable for teachers who need to give teaching presentations than students who still have plenty of time for relaxing.
In general, as a student, you should buy a laptop based on the following:
- Priority should be given to choosing a thin-compact-light laptop for convenience, especially for girls. The weight of the laptop should range from 1.2kg or 1.8kg is the most suitable.
- Choosing a well-designed laptop is sometimes very important: a laptop is also considered a portable accessory for you to express your personality. So choose for yourself the Laptop you feel most comfortable with to inspire use and confidence in public.
- Long battery life is always a must: it would be troublesome when there are not many power outlets in the classroom and the battery of the device is too short, right? So choose for yourself a strong battery to be able to accompany you to study all day, the ideal of battery life is from 4-6 hours.
- Choose a laptop with high durability: to accompany you to the end of the student's life, the machine always needs a certain durability over time. You should refer to the Dell laptop line to meet this criterion.
The above article has provided you with an overview of Best Laptops for College students, as well as information needed to know when choosing to buy a suitable Laptop. Hopefully, with these sharing so that you will no longer be surprised with the question “which laptop should students buy?” anymore, right?